Thursday, December 27, 2007

No yays

My computer isn't fixed. The wireless card probably needs to be replaced, though I'm not sure if that will solve the problem. It is also having issues with the mouse; the cursor will freeze on the screen, and neither the trackpad nor a USB mouse can get it to move again. I haven't tried turning it on and using more than twice since I sent it back to Alan; the first time the mouse froze, and the second time-after figuring out that the USB wireless thingy that Jana loaned me wasn't working-I just shut it down. Dad's going to try installing the wireless card into another Mac laptop we have (an old Powerbook G3) and seeing if it has a problem there.

I have no motivation right now to fiddle around with my iBook trying to get it to work/seeing how well it functions without being able to connect to the Net. I need to get over the disappointment that it isn't fixed, first. Plus, I have stuff to do: DVDs I got for Christmas, the PS2 I'm borrowing from Curtis, the Wii Alan loaned my family, books to read. (I read "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister" yesterday, and began Paula Poundstone's "There is Nothing in this Book that I Meant to Say" today.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Jacob said...

Technically-minded question: is the mouse the trackpad or an external? If external, what kind of hookup?

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Trackpad. And I don't know if Curtis passed on my thanks for your thoughts at the beginning of my whole laptop debacle, so thanks again for your advice and taking the time and brain power to mull over my situation!

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Jacob said...

No problem! Odd computer problems are interesting to try to sort out (although my interest is your pain, so it's not a good thing, obviously). From the sound of it, I would definitely say it's a hardware issue. Is there a way you can get the cursor to consistently freeze? That might make it easier to track down.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Hmmph. Sadist.

:D

I guess I can motivate myself to be a masochist and try using it. I was going to try it out again today, anyway. I let you know what happens via email.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home