Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Video game movies

So I was cruisin' around Wikipedia and came across the article "List of films based on video games. Being a fan of movies and video games, I thought I'd expound my opinions on several of these films- old, new, and upcoming.

Cloak & Dagger (1984)
Hey, I remember this movie! I think I saw it twice in middle school. Never played the original game. I can't remember much about it... gunfights and espionage, pretty much.

Silent Hill (2006)
Being a total wuss when it comes to horror movies, I mustered enough courage '06 New Year's Eve to watch it in a dark room in the middle of the night (with a promise from Curtis beforehand that he would accompany me to the bathroom later on). Freaked me out. I was impressed with the plot and CG, and while I'm not too familiar with the games I recognized a lot of the music from game soundtrack downloading sprees. One of those movies I would love to watch again... just, with the opportunity to see it in daylight.

DOA: Dead or Alive (2006)
Yay! It's finally hit video (after international theatrical release and an extremely brief stint in domestic theaters.) Not a great track record, so why must I see it? 1) Based on a popular video game franchise. 2) Jaime Pressly. 3) Loads of action sequences. 4) An overabundance of T&A. ...Okay, I admit that reason #4 isn't a huge draw factor for me. After all, I'm not a teenage boy and I'm sure that Jaime will provide me with all the skin I'll need or want to see.

Alice (2008)
I've only played the demo version of the game American McGee's Alice, but it left an impression on me. Dark and twisted, I can definitely imagine it making a very wicked fantasy/horror film-especially directed by Wes Craven (and starring Sarah Michelle Gellar as the title character).

And lastly my favorites. The Resident Evil films.

Finally, finally RE: Extinction is coming out! What is not to love about this series? The sexy, kick-ass Milla; zombies; evil corporations; guns and martial arts; lickers.... The only thing that would make this film series better is Leon from RE4.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home