Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Disillusioned

I'm sick. It obviously affected my judgment, cuz I fell for a stupid scam and let my RuneScape account get hacked. (In my defense, it *was* a very good scam.)

My feelings are hurt. This was a person who had been on my RS friends list for a long time. I feel betrayed.

He has plans to sell my account. At least I can console myself with the fact that he doesn't know my RS bank pin (yet) and even if he does, I barely have anything worth stealing and selling. (He thought my character had millions in gold- I laughed my ass off.)

I've sent an email to Jagex staff, and told one of my RS friends to spread the word about this scam. If nothing else positive comes from this, at least I've let other people know.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Brian Rodriguez said...

I say we find him and bitchslap him til he starts crying for his MOMMY!!!

and say he tried to have you sit on his lap and play "Doctor"

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous janaaaaaa! said...

Hahaha, Brian's funny.

Yo woman, wassup? You probably wouldn't get sick so often if you didn't eat food right off the damn trays at school. That's gross. :(

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Marie said...

The trays are run through the sanitizer just as the plates, glasses, and various cutlery items. (Whoa, I started to spell "cutlery" as "cultery." That would make things interesting.)

And sanitizers work very well; I have two years' biweekly (as in twice a week, not once every other week) experience running a one of those things. We called 'er "the old Louisiana Whore" 'cuz those machines get wet, steamy, and balmy and require infusions of strong dishwashing soap and axle grease to keep things running in order.

Actually, I just made that up. We never nicknamed the sanitizer. Though now that I am reminiscing about the dish room, I am now plagued by the memory of Mike Whatshisname singing a version of Meatloaf's "I'd Do Anything for Love" where the second line in the chorus is replaced with "But I won't smoke crack." Rather disturbing, really. He was large and pimply, and we used to do puzzles together in the library.

*Sigh.* Sometimes I miss those days. And my old friends. ("You look like a ragamuffin." Damn; Matt was so awesome.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home