Friday, April 13, 2007

Housemate troubles

My housemate is pissed at me. She's rarely here, and we never talk, but she apparantly is annoyed that the bathroom isn't clean. I'm like, WTF? My stuff is kept tucked away on two shelves except for a hand towel on the counter. I never leave things lying around. The toilet is clean, there is a bit of mildew on the shower curtain and in the grout. There are some water stains on the mirror and counter, and maybe some dried toothpaste splatters.

Despite the agreement we made, wrote, and signed back in September, she never confronted me about whatever problem she has. Instead, she emailed our CA (Andrew from across the hall, who is supposed to mediate problems between housemates) as well as our CRE (Andrew's boss). Andrew told me all this when I stopped by to say hi before class yesterday. I laughed. I have no idea why she's complaing or why she never approached me on the subject.

Andrew and I planned on discussing this with her yesterday, but she came back after 1 am or something. I sat in the kitchen this morning and waited for her to get out of the bathroom and asked, "Do you know when you'll be back?" She walked straight to her bedroom, muttering something about "No" and that she had some sort of training to go to, and closed the door. A couple minutes later she came out to leave and I asked her to send Andrew an email when she knew what time she'd be back. She said "I know that already!" and left the apartment, slamming the door.

I am just confused. I don't understand why she is acting like this. Is this more passive aggressive stuff? Is something else bugging her and making her snap at me and display extreme dislike? I mean, I can accept people not liking me- it hurts my feelings, of course, but I can handle it. But I like to know why a person has a problem with me.

This has been occupying my mind since I first found out about it yesterday afternoon. And with her strange schedule, I have no idea when (or if) this will/can be resolved.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Brian Rodriguez said...

some women are just straight up crazy... it can't be helped. as long as she doesn't take a swing at you, then you have nothing to worry about.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous janaaaaaaa! said...

I agree with Brian. Most women are friggin' nuts.

My ex-coworker is one of them. She went on a tirade yesterday on MySpace about me again. Apparently I'm a master manipulator who kills cats, fucks up everything I touch, and I am a dark person who apparently should keep that side of my personality hidden from the guy I'm dating so I can force him into marrying me so I have somebody else's life to fuck up. Or something to that effect. It's special.

Anyway, be strong sister. And go save the gay baby unborn whales.

*mucho hugs*

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Marie said...

That sucks. I hate people that start shit or blow things out of proportion.

(I will continue saving the gay baby unborn whales for Jesus as long as you do. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home