Saturday, March 17, 2007

Thursday Night

The other night Curtis and I borrowed Bruce Campbell's Alien Apocalypse from Andrew. It was the third worst movie I've ever seen (the other two being The Forbidden Zone and A Dog of Flanders).

After the movie ended, we channel surfed until we found Dateline's To Catch A Predator, which Curtis had never seen or heard about. We found that much more humorous than the movie.

After that, we watched The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra (one of my favoritest movies of all time) to get the bad aftertaste of Alien Apocalypse out of my brain.

Some of my favorite quotes from The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra:

Dr. Paul Armstrong
As a scientist I just wish I could appreciate more things like cabins... bicycles...

I might just be a test-tube-tipping lab jockey who's looked at too many shiny rocks for far too long, but something tells me you know more about this than you're letting on.

Dr. Roger Fleming
Ranger Brad, I'm a scientist. I don't believe in anything.

Kro-Bar
Aliens? Us? Is this one of your Earth jokes?

Sometimes my wife forgets that she is not an alien from outer space.

Lattis
I am strangely drawn to this inverted cloth funnel and its wonderful softness.

You are in a spaceship now. It's just like your house, except it travels through space.

Skeleton
I sleep now.

Farmer
Stay on this road here, past Dead Man's Curve, you'll come to an old fence, called The Devil's Fence. From there, go on foot till you come to a valley known as The Cathedral of Lost Soap. Smack in the center is what they call Forgetful Milkman's Quadrangle. Stay right on The Path Of Staring Skulls and you come to a place called Death Clearing. Cabin's right there, can't miss it.

Paul: Hmm... I wonder.
(cut to new scene)
Roger: Hmm... I also wonder.

Lattis: Who knows how many untold millions will die by its hand?
Kro-Bar: If only it did have hands, my woman.... If only it did have hands.

Animala: Amish terrarium. Must find Amish terrarium.
Paul: I don't understand. Why does she need an Amish terrarium?
Betty: Don't the Amish live in open air, like us?
Paul: Of course, Betty, it's absurd. Putting the Amish in glass cases would be inhumane.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Jacob said...

I actually find "To Catch A Predator" more disturbing than anything else. It reeks of entrapment and public humiliation to me, and for whatever crimes the pedophiles are (or are not, since none of them are convicted when taped) guilty of, edging on subverting constitutional rights makes me uncomfortable.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous janaaaaaaa! said...

Ahh! I need to borrow that movie from you. That was friggin' hysterical. I want to see it again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home