Thursday, March 29, 2007

300

Curtis and I saw 300 today. It was awesome! I got so excited during some parts that I literally bounced in my seat. I know this sounds kind of odd, but it was a really pretty movie. Especially during the fight scenes when the camera centered on one particular warrior and the film would speed up and slow down flawlessly while the actor was doing smooth and flowing attacks (hacking off people's limbs and heads). Even the blood splatters were gorgeous.

But, of course, I like these kinds of movies. And this is the best non-Asian martial movie I remember seeing in regards to dance-like fight choreography and cinematography.

It was very video game-like in parts. I also loved the animations during the ending credits. About halfway into it I even managed to stop giggling every time a group of Spartan warriors was standing around wearing nothing but leather briefs, knee-high boots, and capes. (Y'know, typing it like that makes them sound like a bunch of gay men in a Pride parade.)

I would rant on more about it, but it is late. Just one addendum: SunDevil is selling the second Death Note movie! I saw it and ordered it. At least there is one thing for me to look forward to when classes starts.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Jacob said...

I'd really like to see 300. I hear there's a lot of gratuitous T&A in it as well. Actually, a bunch of the Christian people on my floor were talking about the movie, and the guys were complaining about that. It was the weirdest thing ever. "Yeah, the fights were great, but I wish there wasn't the sex."

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Yeah. All the (two) women in the movie showed nipplage. But, hey, if you're gonna get sick of seeing any particular body parts in this movie, it would be all the six-pack abs. Seriously. I wonder if the casting call was like "Males 18-45. Must have six-pack abs and be willing to perform in leather briefs."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home