Thursday, December 21, 2006

Notes on Death Note

***Warning: If you haven't read the manga, there will be slight spoilers***

I just finished watching the live action movie of Death Note. Yaaay! I didn't know that Tatsuya Fujiwara was starring in it. Of course I didn't look at who was starring, 'cuz I don't recognize that many Japanese actors' names. But as soon as Light made his appearance, I'm like, "It's Nanahara!" He has the same shaggy haircut that he had in Battle Royale 2: Requiem that I don't think is quite that flattering.

The movie version of L was great. He's such an eccentric kid in the manga, and they actually managed to translate his weirdness into live action: the sweets, the thumb, the feet, and the eyeliner. And I thought that the portrayal of Lind L. Taylor was an amusing one, as he was the only white American. (All the FBI agents were Japanese, something that I guess can be explained because they were trying to blend in with the Japanese population. I never understood how the US FBI had any sort of jurisdiction in Japan, but whatever....)

Anyway, now I can't wait until the sequel comes out. It's in Japanese theaters now, so it'll be a while until it comes out on DVD.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home