Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I'm not dead yet

No one's heard from me in a while. I got sick last Sunday, got better a few days later, then got worse with different symptoms. I drove myself to an urgent care clinic the day of Christmas Eve and the doctor's verdict was an ear infection in my left ear. So I have to have ear drops twice a day and antibiotic pills three times. Both my ears are all blocked up, which is the reason I haven't called anyone (especially Marie, who I've been meaning to call since last weekend).

Between the times that I've been sleeping or reading (Eddings' The Malloreon series), I've been watching movies (with the volume undoubtedly turned up to an ear-piercing level for everyone else in the house) and surfing the net. I'll share some things of note.

Waterman toons: I love these. I'll rewatch my favorites every coupla months (Eps 1 & 5 & 9). You've gotta love the late '80s/early '90s pop culture references.

Resident Evil 4: ADITL: "ADITL" meaning "a day in the life," I guess, of "Dr. Salvatore" the male chainsaw-wielding maniac in RE4.

The Real OP: A serial spoof on teen TV dramas that also parodies The Lonely Island's "The 'Bu". I love The 'Bu. But I'm beginning to love The OP, too. They've got TLI's people-entering-from-closets gags and the whole secret identity thing, but they've got a ton of little random extras like Alex's Drumline T-shirt and the cheer-up factor of "the world's biggest water fountain."

Warp Factor Love: I ran across something mentioning this and remembered how hilarious this video was the first time I saw it, so I ended up watching it three times in a row. That character is such a dork. Even if you don't want to watch the fake documentary that the music video comes from, this is still something to see.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Brian Rodriguez said...

sorry to hear you got sick, hope you're feeling better, I'll call to check up on you in a day or two.

Feel Better!!!!!

-Brian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home