Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend

Went up to visit Curtis' dad's family yesterday. Had a lot of fun, ate a lot of food-- 17 pounds of meat: one two chickens, ham, and roast beef, not to mention salad, quinoa, and potato rolls. And Curtis' dad had made a chocolate cake with, like, half an inch of fudge frosting on top.

At one point during dinner, over half the family suddenly busted out singing Tom Lehrer's "Vatican Rag." Curtis, Cristie, and I had never heard of that song or its artist, so they felt the need to enlighten us.

We left his grandparents' house after 11 and arrived back on campus well after midnight. I woke up this morning with a sore throat.

Oh, yay, happy midterm day!!


Curtis and Cristie have been working on their Simon and River costumes for Halloween. If I end up having the time, I may try to pull together a Kaylee costume (just buy coveralls, pretty much :). If I feel better tomorrow night, I may spend some time in downtown SC. I don't drink and don't like large crowds, but seeing all the crazy Halloween costumes would be neat.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Janaaaaaaa! said...

I thought you might enjoy listening to some weird Swedish music. Kind of reminds me of the naked dancing guy.

http://myspace.com/gunthermusic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home