Monday, April 24, 2006

Going overboard with fancy text tabs

Books I'm reading (or supposed to be reading) for class:
The Desire to Heal by Raphael Campo
 This book kinda freaks me out. It eroticizes everything: the practice of medicine, religion, disease. "His erection startled me" is the first sentence of the book. I'm serious.

The Grandissimes by George Washington Cable
 I skipped the first chapter and stopped reading after the second.

Development as Freedom by Amartya Sen
 I read the first couple chapters. I'm planning on getting back to it.

Benito Cereno by Herman Melville
 I have a 5-7 page paper due Wednesday. I've just barely come up with a thesis.

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
 Gonna start this as soon as my paper's done. Hopefully, it'll be fun. I really like a lot of Twain's more obscure stuff, like Letters from the Earth, The Mysterious Stranger, "The Jumping Frog" and "The Esquimaux Maiden's Romance", among others.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home