Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy V-day

Sam proposed to Anna today! Happy news, though pretty much expected. Apparently, the first thing Anna said after Sam popped the question was "You're fucking kidding me!" But of course she accepted, and they were even more lovey-dovey than usual- though they still engaged in the usual number of petty, semi-serious arguments.

What I'm wondering is how they'll end up settling the last name issue. Anna doesn't want to take Sam's last name. She comes from a HUGE Mexican family, and Sam (from what I've gathered) comes from some mixture of Jews and Sociologists. Curtis suggested a compromise- "Guzlestein."

Anna, Sam, Curtis and I went out to dinner with Alex and Brenda. While talking to Anna, I pictured Alex performing the ceremony. Alex is working on becoming a pastor, and though he's a typical middle class white boy, he tends to use a mixture of real and impromptu street talk. Basically, the scenario I pictured had Alex saying things like "Hey, yo, what up ya'll? I'd like to read an excerpt from the Book of Luke for shnizzity about what my homeboy Jesus said." (Insert couple lines from the Bible)
"I know you two will be hella happy and shit and, seriously guys, I wish you the best. Peace out."

Alex has ended several emails with the term "Peace out" (which, admittedly, is somewhat authentic street slang (like I'm one to talk) ), but any credibility is cancelled out with the inevitable addendum of "God bless."

Seriously, though, Anna and Sam are both incredibly sweet and genuine people. I think they have a chance and offer my congratulations and best wishes.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Jana (your sister, fool!) said...

Is Sam the one with the B-cup man boobs? Haha, congrats to them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home