Thursday, December 15, 2005

Uh-oh, this entry's political...

I don't tend to broadcast my political opinions too often (except for my occassional pejorative comments regarding the World Bank and IMF's structural adjustment programs which cage developing countries in a self-perpetuating system of exploitation). I realize that I am pretty ignorant of most political issues ("Who the heck is Liddy? That guy from Watergate?"), and I try to stay quiet on topics I have little knowledge of since I hate hypocrisy and those ignorant folks on call-in radio talk shows. I admit I don't do too much to remedy my political ignorance, but when I do find information or the similar opinions of more authoritative persons than myself, I like to pass it on.

Hypocrisy, however, is pretty much inevitable in this American day and age. Technology has so permeated our society that hippies have webpages, counter-cultures sell their merchandise in malls, and music artists' anti-capitalist songs are produced under a record label. But, hey, I don't take that as an excuse; I try to keep my own hypocritical behavior to a minimum.

A while ago, I made a post listing a few of my favorite anti-consumerism/anti=capitalism songs. Well, here is a list of anti-Bush and anti-Iraq songs, from the site onegoodmove.org.

And while you're listening to these counter-hegemonic songs on your iPod (oh, the hypocrisy), you can make a snappy fashion statement, too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home