Sunday, October 23, 2005

Gender-based pronouns do not work well with Mana.

It's been one of those weekends when I can't concentrate on schoolwork. I have an essay due tomorrow at 8 am, as well as a midterm (thankfully, one of those token midterms given by professors only because they are required to give one). The essay is supposed to be 3-pages handwritten, so it's especially irksome that I can't focus and just get it done in half an hour.

I've got a new favorite song: Color Me Blood Red by Malice Mizer. Their music's all gothic-y with violins and organs. It's taken me years to finally get persuaded to check out their music; when I was into writing fanfiction years ago, every other author I emailed and chatted with was into JRock. Gackt cracks me up; his interviews on Utaban (a Japanese talk show) are so funny- "hidden meat", "crotch splitter", "magnum"- and he keeps such a deadpan expression. Mana from Malice Mizer confuses me, though. I know she's he's a guy, but everytime I think of her him the pronouns automatically get twisted in my head. But, whatever; Mana's gorgeous and his music compositions are lovely.

Mana from Malice Mizer

Also found another flash movie.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home