Monday, December 23, 2002

Ah... the Yuletide smell of consumerism

I'll be busy the next couple of days. Christmas, ya know. Gotta go through the American materialist "holy"day. I'm not a devoted Christian, but I think it is horrible that consumerism has totally warped the meaning of Christmas. Don't you find it sad that there are more Santa Claus decorations than nativity scenes? I would feel the same if there were more Hannakah (or Channakah, or however you want to spell it) Harrys or Hannakah (ditto) Bushes or whatever than menorahs. Or dreidels, for that matter. (I would check my spelling, but I don't have the time. I am not trying to be offensive to anyone.)

Anyway... happy Xmas, happy Kwaanza, happy new year, happy Ramadan (dunno if it's over), and I hope everyone applicable had a happy Hannakah.

Please remember to share the Peace, Love, and Recycling Bin this holiday season.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home